cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
databubble Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Gateway - won't allow merge of tables from different sources

Can you please clarify exactly what was fixed and when?

I was still experiencing exactly the same symptoms as the earlier posts, (i.e. mashup with excel and Sql data fails when excel data accessed via folder data source but works when accessed via file data source) in December 2017.

I will check our Gateway version when back at work after Xmas.

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @databubble,

The original issue is get data from SQL Server and a folder (it is a network shared folder on customer side) which contains several Excel/CSV files in desktop, then in Query Editor create a new query merge those two queries use Table.NestedJoin function. After publish the report to service, the gateway is not available. 

The fix is released before December. I would suggest you download and install the latest gateway then test again. If you have any issue, please create a new thread. As this thread is a old and long. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
databubble Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We have been on Gateway Version Number = 14.16.6524.1 since some time after Dec 11th. I was seeing the problem before 11th so hopefully now fixed - I will retest. 

Before that we were on the October release (sorry I don't have a version #) - do you know whether the issue was still present in the October release?

jo_mandy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am still seeing the issue where a merge of an Excel table and SQL table cause Power BI service to not recoginze the configured data sources in the data gateway. My excel source is a file not a folder, that was one of the suggestions but it doesn't make a difference.

Removing the merge makes the data sources available so I know that is the problem. The merge is required in my dataset and I cannot work around that. 

Did anyone find a different way to resolve this issue? 

wiggimt Visitor
Visitor

I'm having the same issue with 2 Web.Contents sources (2 API endpoints, set up as 2 different connections). Was able to replicate the issue on gateway ver. 14.16.6549.2. Enabling/Disabling load of a simple Table.NestedJoin query causes refresh to fail/succeed, respectively.

Maw Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dear all, 

also we have the problem that we want a folder iteration about a variable number of files. 

After that iteration, we merge all excel files in power bi together to get one table.

This combination doesnt work with a schedule refresh and doesnt work with on premises data gateway version:

Power BI Desktop Version is: Version: 2.52.4921.461 64-bit (November 2017)

Maw Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hint.

after our merge of all excel files to one table we also want to merge this table with another one. 

In this combination we get the Data Gateway error:

" You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway. "

MIS-EAU Visitor
Visitor

Dear all,

I've created a new thread reporting a similar issue: On Premise Data Gateway is not available when merging Odata feeds with (Excel) files on a folder

Kr,

Evert

jimartinez Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @Ross73312

How do you manage specifying an excel file that is saved in a SharePoint Site. I tried the URL but it is giving me an error. Error shown below:

Power BI

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to \\linus\marketing_resources\campfire_reporting\Shared%20Documents\Global%20RFQ%20Chase%20List\DO%20NOT%20USE. Details: "We could not register this data source for all gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details
Activity ID:f567e3d1-423d-4b42-b103-1fd8b1d081e8
Request ID:65445b9a-0081-90b7-3a20-b2ef77075c00
Cluster URI:https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Tue Feb 20 2018 08:07:47 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version:13.0.4385.126
LinamarPBIGateway:Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:The network name cannot be found.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error

Thanks in advance.

eirikask Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Had the same problem. All sources worked well (SSAS+SQL+Excel from Sharepoint folder) until I combined. The solution was to enable the "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster" on the gateway. Note that I do not use the folder option, but connect to files on sharepoint. 

Gateway.JPG