cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsagan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Gateway - won't allow merge of tables from different sources

It is not only ugly but insufficient -- we are merging 100s of files, and the file names change daily.

Super User
Super User

I'm in a similar boat, although my filenames  don't change.  I feel your pain too.  Its the best i got for you. I'm hotly waiting for this fix too.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

bpearce Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

So can we all assume Microsoft Gateway folks are aware of the problem & working the issue?

Not entirely sure it is related, but I do have another symptom thought I would share. My pbix model which used to refresh via gateway just fine a couple of months back, now behaives as I described earlier (asking for a Gateway to be defined). However, I can still initiate a manual refresh on the dataset in PBI and it will refresh just fine via the gateway.  Weird state. Says it can't find a gateway, but finds it just fine when I click the little fresh icon. Bummer is it will not refresh via schedule refresh. So I set my alarm a little earlier these days so I can initiate a manual refresh... come on Microsoft Gateway team... releave me of this duty please!

Super User
Super User

It has been reported and acknowledged by Microsoft in other threads, so yes.

On to your new symptom.  Was this dataset, with refresh, set up prior to the bug being introduced?  I had at least 1 report that continue to work as long as we didn't touch it.  Both the schedule and manual refreshing continued to function until we went to the "schedule refresh" and made alterations.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

bpearce Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Good to hear the problem has been acknowledged.

Yes, dataset was set up months ago & was running fine till the bug. Then I made several tweeks in search of resolution. Current state we are limping along as I described above. Afraid to mess with it any more less I lose the ability to manually refresh.

By the way I am a huge fan of Power Update - especially in times like these where the Microsoft Gateway is ailing. Always good to have options... but in full disclosure even that product is struggling with pbix models and the latest Microsoft updates... Rock solid with xlsx models... 

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi all,

This issue has been reported internally. The PG team are working on the fix now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Melanie Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

How's that issue going on? It's really a pain in the ass since a lot of users prefer Power BI just for its outstanding compatibility. I encountered this issue when

@v-qiuyu-msft wrote:

Hi all,

This issue has been reported internally. The PG team are working on the fix now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

merging e Azure data and SQL Server data together. Could anyone inform us when this "bug" fixed?

databubble Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Suffering the same problem here, would also like a date for the fix.

As with others on the thread, setting up the file rather than the folder as the gateway data source is not an option because this is a daily file supplied by an external vendor which has a date in the filename.

Essy Visitor
Visitor

Same issue.....We appends 2 tables, one from an SQL server setup in our Gateway and one from an Excel file saved in Sharepoint/Onedrive. All is working fine in P-BI Desktop but in P-BI web the refresh doesn't work. Is the fix coming soon?

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi all,

The original issue gateway not available when using Table.NestedJoin function in Query Editor has been fixed for a long time. 

Please post a new thread regarding the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.