Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TH
Regular Visitor

Data Gateway not working

Hey guys,

so i am trying to get the local excel sheet connected to the app.powerbi.com after i uploaded the dataset there. Unofortunately i was not able to refresh the data after i worked on it again. So google told me to use the "on premise data gateway" which i installed, started and says to be online.

Now i try to connect my local excel workbook in the app.powerbi.com and get the following error:

Verbindungsherstellung nicht möglich: Beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit C:\Users\aa\Desktop\ab\Pricingtool\bc\Aktuellster Stand ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Details: "Mit der Mashupdatenquelle kann keine Verbindung hergestellt werden. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in den Fehlerdetails."Details ausblenden

Aktivitäts-ID:b277a0e0-61ea-45ac-875a-7fc67bb8d6af
Anforderungs-ID:49ba8b4c-a118-aeb1-c92a-40d1a8041215
Cluster-URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Statuscode:400
Fehlercode:DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
Zeit:Mon Aug 14 2017 15:54:39 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit)
Version:13.0.2080.159
Zugrunde liegender Fehlercode:-2147467259
Zugrunde liegende Fehlermeldung:Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\aa\Desktop\ab\Pricingtool\bc\Aktuellster Stand" wurde verweigert.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error

Any ideas how to solve this problem? 

Thank you very much 🙂

Cheers

Thorsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TH,

Did you get data from local Excel file via "Import Excel data into Power BI " in Power BI service directly? And get below second image when you go to dataset settings?

w1.PNG

q3.PNG

If it is, it doesn't require any gateway. The reason is below from Notes section in this article: Refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook on a local drive

Refresh is not supported for Excel workbooks imported from a local drive where data exists only in  worksheets or linked tables. Refresh is supported for worksheet data if it is stored and imported from OneDrive. To learn more, see Refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TH,

If the Google translate works well, the error message should be below:

Unable to connect to connection: An error occurred while connecting to C: \ Users \ aa \ Desktop \ ab \ Pricingtool \ bc \ Details: "You can not connect to the Mashup data source. For more information, see the error details." Hide Details
Underlying error message: Access to the path "C: \ Users \ aa \ Desktop \ ab \ Pricingtool \ bc \ Current status" was denied.

In your scenario, it seems the dataset only have one data source which points to the local excel, right?

1. Make sure the machine which has on-premise data gateway run can communicate with the machine store the local Excel file.

2. Go to the Manage Gateways, create a File data source, use the same Excel path and credential as in Power BI desktop, double check if the Excel data source is Connection Successful status. Then go to the dataset settings, you can configure the dataset use this data gateway.

q1.PNGq2.PNG

3. By the way, please try to update the data gateway to the latest version.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Quiyun,

yeah you are right. That is the english translation. And you are also right about the scenario that there is only one local excel as data source which i try to link.

1. The machine says it is online 

2. When i try to bind in the excel file (as you do it in the first picture) is where my error occurs (the error from the starting post)

If i try to go for the dataset settings to plan the timing for an refresh i simply can not get to the point to time it. The shown message says something like "we can not plan to refresh your data since the dataset has no datamodel linking or the data source is a work sheet. The data should be added to a datamodel to plan updating."

--> I think this is, because i am not able to link it first in the data gateway?

Thanks in advance

Thorsten

Hi @TH,

Did you get data from local Excel file via "Import Excel data into Power BI " in Power BI service directly? And get below second image when you go to dataset settings?

w1.PNG

q3.PNG

If it is, it doesn't require any gateway. The reason is below from Notes section in this article: Refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook on a local drive

Refresh is not supported for Excel workbooks imported from a local drive where data exists only in  worksheets or linked tables. Refresh is supported for worksheet data if it is stored and imported from OneDrive. To learn more, see Refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors