Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johnnyg
Frequent Visitor

Data Gateway does not refresh datasets on mixed datasource - mixed from OnPremises and other sources

Hello - BI Gateway experts.

I have a Dataset that consist of OnPremises tables and Azure marketplace data table that I built for my report, and I want to have the dataset (from onPremises) Refreshed.

When I go to my BI service to Schedule Refresh, The Data Gateway is not presented.  

I tested a scenario of data set that I built prior to adding Azure data to the dataset (data from only onPremises datasources), and the Gateway was presented to configure for my dataset.

How do I:

Keep separation in the data set (between onpremises and not-onpremises data)?     ...such that the Gateway will refresh the onPremises data.

My queries will reach the rest of the data (Azure) - so, I understand.

OR

Does the Data Gateway (Enterprise) have the capability to take a dataset that is mixture of onpremises and not on premises data? 

OR

Am I missing something very obvious?

Help me mister BI wizard!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Johnnyg Current limitation with PowerBI data gateway means you're not able to mix on-premise and online data source in a single pbix file. Keep an eye out on this idea here. As a workaround suggested, use Personal gateway for on-premise source along with online data source and see if that works for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Johnnyg Current limitation with PowerBI data gateway means you're not able to mix on-premise and online data source in a single pbix file. Keep an eye out on this idea here. As a workaround suggested, use Personal gateway for on-premise source along with online data source and see if that works for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors