Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bwill112
Frequent Visitor

Create Visual to Export into Excel (without clicking the ellipses)

Hello everyone, 

I'm looking for a way to export data from a visual into excel (or print) WITHOUT clicking the ellipses. Long story short, my coworkers are getting confused when they have to click the three dots, export, save, etc. I was wondering if there is any other way to export to excel without going that route? I'd really like to create an "export button" of sorts using a visualization on the desktop that would allow users on the web dashboard to just press the button to export. 

Has anyone developed something like this before? Are we just restricted to clicking the ellipses and exporting that way? 

I really appreciate any advice! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @bwill112,

I'm afraid there is no better way for us to export data to excel.

We also cannot add the action to the button to export data in Power BI currently.

You could vote this similar idea here which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @bwill112,

I'm afraid there is no better way for us to export data to excel.

We also cannot add the action to the button to export data in Power BI currently.

You could vote this similar idea here which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Cherry, 

Thanks for the reply! It's too bad there isn't a better currently, but I'm glad to know I've covered all the bases. 

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bwill112,

Did you found any workaround for this ? I am going through the same situation here.

Regretfully, I have not found a workaround yet. I just tried to redesign my visualizations to make it easier for my coworkers to see the ellipses. I'm still stopping to explain to every person how to print. 

If you have any ideas about a workaround, please share! This seems like such a basic thing that PowerBI is missing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors