Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SteveRudd
Helper I
Helper I

Connection to Salesforce reports not working in latest version 2.61.5192.601

Since updating to the latest version I can no longer query salesforce reports. 

I can connect to Salesforce Objects but not reports. 

The only change has been to update to the latest version.

Fingers crossed this is fixed and a new version is available soon.

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SteveRudd,

Expand required table from Data column.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
SteveRudd
Helper I
Helper I

Is this really still not fixed? BI team is there an ETA for when this will be fixed.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Strangely enough, it restarted to work for me, but without having to install a new version. The ghost of Christmas future is at work 🙂

Thanks, your note prompted me to check mine, sure enough, back up. So maybe the issue was on the Salesforce side.

I was having the same issue with (August 2018 version).  Installed the September 2018 version (Version: 2.62.5222.601) and Salesforce Reports are working again.  Hope it works for you as well.

I wish I could say the same :-), even the workaround is being temperamental!

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry to hear that 😞 Hopefully Microsoft releases a new version soon. 

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have the same problem...
AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Update: I've pasted the text you've provided (thanks!) in a blank query, Advanced Editor, but I can only see some of the reports. Of course, the one I need is NOT present.

What's going on? 

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Update 2: I've changed the report name to move it up the alphabetical list. It was posted, BUT it can't refresh because it is stuck updating my credentials. Guys, don't make me go back to Excel.

Capture.JPG

@AliceW

So I found a fix to this issue. The problem was with the newest update. I uninstalled me Power BI and then downloaded and installed a previous version. I went two versions back just to be safe. I had to make small changes in my report due to the earlier version, but it was very simple and easy. Nothing to dread. I have a copy of the version I used if you all can’t find it.

How do you go back to old versions of power BI? I can't seem to find them for downloading.

Regards,

Rubina

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

That is a great idea! I'll do just that until Microsoft fixes the issue. Thank you!

SA_NYC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Anyone else having an issue connecting to Salesforce in the powerbi.com service to set up a scheduled data refresh? I'm getting this timeout. This didn't seem to happen previously, only since the recent release.

Salesforce Timeout.PNG

simbiotix

I am having the same issue. Does anyone know when a patch will be availible? 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@SteveRudd @boujin,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I can successfully connect to Salesfroce report in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.61.5192.601).

Could you please add a blank query in Power BI Desktop, and then paste the following code to check if you can connect to Salesfroce report?

let
    Source = Salesforce.Reports()
 in
    Source

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was having the same issues with connecting to SalesForce Reports, and this worked for me! Thank you so much!

@v-yuezhe-msft

I am having the same issue. I can load salesforce objects but not salesforce reports. I created the blank query and I was able to see 2000 reports that way but we have way more than 2000 reports so this doesnt work for me to try and load my reports that way. Is there a fix for this or a fix in progress?

@DCGoerke

This was happening to me as well with having almost 5000 Sales Force reports, so what I did after I got the list of reports to show(Limited view of course) was copy the report ID/name found in the the web address. Take the report ID/name and then filter the query to that.

Report ID/NameReport ID/NameFilter Name ColumnFilter Name Column

@hello789567

That is also a great idea. I was finding that I was having issues with my maps pupulating as well, and I found the older version gave me no issues. 

I would say if you didnt need maps, this would absolutly be a viable fix.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Fust FYI, that advanced query text fix only works for existing reports 😞

I've created a couple of them an hour ago and they are not in the tables' list. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors