Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

seancearnaigh
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to JIRA - login is just stalling

Hi Folks,

when trying to connect to JIRA from online Power BI, regardless of which authentication type i choose, when i click on 'Sign In' it just stalls and stalls - it does not go anywhere and it does not give any error message

We have JIRA on premise and i can login to that without any issues. I have heard that Power BI may not work with Jira On Premise - if that is the case, when will that be available?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Shane

10 REPLIES 10
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@seancearnaigh,

The JIRA content pack only works with the cloud version of JIRA. If you want to connect to on-premises JIRA, you can use the Power BI Desktop Template. Make sure your JIRA server supports Basic Authentication.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

When i do that, i just get blank data? I'm told our Jira server does support basic authentication Any ideas?

also, when i published it from desktop and went onto power bi online and checked the settings of the data source credentials, that option is actually greyed out - above it, it asks me to install a person gateway but when i try that, it tells me i only have a 32 bit PC !!

All help greatly appreciated

@seancearnaigh,

What do you mean blank data? Could you please post a screenshot?

In addition, gateway is required when you set refresh for  this dataset in Power BI Service, and gateway can be only installed on 64 bit Server, you can review the article about requirements to install gateway.

Once you install gateway, you are able to enter credential for JIRA data source in Power BI Service.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thansk again for your assistance - i attach a screenshot below

screenshot of blank datascreenshot of blank data

@seancearnaigh,

Have you seen any data  in the GetIssues table in Data view of Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

No, nothing in there

and there is 100's of projects within our JIRA by the way obsiously.

@seancearnaigh,

Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.49.4831.521)? And which kind of URL do you input in URL panel? What is the result when you click “Refresh” button in Power BI Desktop?

In addition, you can connect to JIRA API in Power BI Desktop to get data, for more details, please review this blog: http://blog.beyondsoft.com/using-microsofts-power-bi-to-implement-a-management-dashboard-directly-co... .

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

seancearnaigh
Frequent Visitor

Hi Folks,

When I am trying to setup a connect to JIRA through online Power BI, i type in my URL and regardless of which 'Authentication Method' i choose, when i click on sign on, the screen just stalls and stalls - it does not crash nor does it give me any error message.

We have Jira ON Premise and i can login to that without any issues. I have heard that this does not work with JIRA On Premise - if that is the case, when will it be available please?

We use Microsoft Project Online and JIRA - MPO connects fine so connecting JIRA is last piece of puzzle.

Thanks,

Shane

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors