Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

red_robot
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to Informix server with SQL statement - CASE expression returns "column not found" error

Hello Power BI users:

I have successfully connected to an Informix database but am encountering an error when I try to connect using the optional SQL statement.

My SQL statement contains a CASE expression like so:

SELECT ...

CASE

WHEN y.code IN(1,2,3) THEN "SUCCESSFUL"

WHEN y.code IN(4,5,6) THEN "UNSUCCESSFUL"

END AS status_result

The problem is that the Microsoft Informix Client interprets "SUCCESSFUL" in the above code as a column name and throws a -217 error saying that the "Column (SUCCESSFUL) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined). SQLSTATE=IX000 SQLCODE=-217"

I can run this exact same code using the SQuirrel SQL client agains the Informix server and return a result.

If anyone has any idea of how to get around this error, or know if it is an error in the underlying Informix driver, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
red_robot
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind ... I replaced all double quotes with single quotes and it appears to have fixed the error. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
red_robot
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind ... I replaced all double quotes with single quotes and it appears to have fixed the error. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors