Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattpersons

Connect to two different salesforce instances

Hi everyone,

As an agency, we are trying to set up PowerBI for a few different clients. I am having a hard time getting PowerBI to connect to two different salesforce instances within the same PowerBI account. I have built both models in Desktop and they refresh correctly there, but when I publish to PowerBI.com, the second salesforce credentials are automatically set to the first one, resultint in one client's data being in both reports. 

When I got to edit credentials, it pops up the window, but automatically closes because it thinks it has the credentials saved. 

I have tried using the specific URL of the salesforce instance for the second client, but haven't gotten that to work. If this is the solution, some guidance would be very helpful. 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having issues with this. Do the two sales force instances have to have the PBI azure IP address added to their white lists? On the second sales force instance I receive the error: Failed to update data source credentials

cchin

I am having a problem connecting to the correct instance, not even trying to use two simultaneously. I tried to log in under one custom domain, but it keeps showing me report options only from another custom domain I use. Any thoughts?

cchin

I am even having a problem connecting to the correct instance. I tried to log in under one custom domain, but it keeps showing me report options only from another custom domain I use. Any thoughts?

oristides
Helper I
Helper I

Have you solved this? We got 2 salesforces acccounts. 

@oristides@elsalvador182 Have either of you tried to create a Power BI Group and try to make a new connection via the group?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Have not tried this....not too sure how this is setup? Can you explain more?

elsalvador182
Advocate III
Advocate III

I was about to post a new thread about this but found this post:

How can we auto refresh two seperate instances of salesforce each with different login credentials?

Is there a work around if this is not possible, aside from setting up a compeltely different machine + gateway and user account to do this?

Anything new on this issue? 

Any ideas on this, still looking for a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors