Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud is supported?

I would like to connect to Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud with Power BI. Is this possible?

Is this possible? Anybody tested? Or any article saying it is possible.

Ken

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

I'm not able to refresh dataset (on demand or with scheduling) !!

• I follewed all theses steps here and everything works fine in power bi desktop.
  • Then I installed and configured on-promises Gateway, here also everything works fine in Power BI Server.
  • So I'm able to create a report (with import mode) and publish it.

But when I try to refresh dataset, I'm getting this error:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Oracle: ORA-28759: failure to open file"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Oracle"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"adwprodonehr_medium"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ORA-28759: failure to open file"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: MAP_VALUES.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can.

You can use import mode, but I'm encountered "couldn't load the model schema" in DirectQuery mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fixed the soltuion in DirectQuery mode, when install Oracle provider/driver have to check the box "Configure ODP.NET at machine-wide level" in ODP.NET step.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Have you tried the Oracle connector in Power BI Desktop? Based on this article, as long as you install required Oracle client in the Power BI Desktop machine, you are able to use Oracle connector in Desktop to connect to Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud.

In addition, as per this article, it is possible to create ODBC dsn for Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud. In this case, you can use ODBC connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to the dsn.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi,

I have created ODBC connection to ADW and tested it working as well on the server where Gateway is running.

But adding that data source in Azure Power BI under that Gateway fails with error for which I do not find an troubleshooting tips. Its a bit urgent if you could help.

Error:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Show details

Troubleshoot connection problems

Show Details:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details

Activity ID:9ad34f1d-fb8c-4eb5-add1-32bbe92f6c87Request ID:b82f1c89-ec0d-aa82-c1d4-759107b9ad5cCluster URI:https://wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
Status code:400Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCodeTime:Thu Dec 05 2019 06:09:31 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)Service version:13.0.11499.187Client version:1911.3.022
GWAYSRV:Connection string is not supported.

Hi Lydia,

I found the fix in your post ..but I thought it would be good to put here as reference in this thread, so adding it here as well.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Enterprise-Gateway-with-ODBC/td-p/98959

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors