Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

electrobrit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Confused on where to add access/permissions:app workspace and group workspace and Teams integration

I created a Dashboard and Report to document the sign-ups and such , let's call it "DB/Report A" from a website then I created Google Analytics report (from a content pack) based on that same website. Unfortunately, our team wants it in the same report so I have to recreate the Google Analytics report within the first report because you can't combine these reports in an app or even add elements of the Google Analytics report to the DB/Report A. (another frustrating issue and limitation but not my primary reason for posting questions)

Issue and Questions:
I set up both in an app and gave access to the app to the required people, actually org wide. However, my boss wanted me to add them into TEAMS where you add a Power BI report tab.
This only lets you add a WORKSPACE or reports (not apps and not dashboards) within a workspace.
1) why can’t you add apps there? Is that coming?

2) Now I have to go into the workspace and add members when I’ve already done it in the app. Seems like I’m duplicating work to have to do twice and what’s the point of having both?

3) now they can’t go to the dashboard, they have to use the report because that’s all I can see Teams will let you add.

Secondary issue: The other frustrating issue that I would like to be able to do even though Apps can’t be shared through Teams tabs: Can you combine your report and a content pack report into one app? Like DB/Report A and the Google Analytics one? This way you send 1 link to 1 app and the content is related.

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@electrobrit,

Based on this blog, it only allows us to embed Power BI report into Microsoft Teams tabs, published apps and dashboard are not possible. Also, for team members to view the report in the tab, the members should be added as members of app workspace. The permission can't be controlled through published apps as you describe. There is an idea about this issue, you can vote it up.

In addition,  you are able to combine report and conetnt pack report into one app, as long as you create the datasets in a same app workspace.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors