Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Configure Enterprise Gateway DirectQuery to AWS

Hi,

I am currently running an SQL statement via DirectQuery to get my data from an AWS cloud database.

When I publish the report to the service, I get the error as appears in the photo below.

enterprise gateway.PNG

My aim is to automate this data import. Rather than manually opening the report, then running the SQL statement via DirectQuery, then publishing to service; simply setting up the schedule refresh to do this instead. 

Is this possible? I have seen the suggestion of using "On-premise gateway", however this is not applicable as the database is cloud-based. 

Thanks in advance,

Dan. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, normally, if the data source is online, we don't need to add it to data gateway.

For your strange scenario, I need know more details.

Do you have other data source in this report?

In addition, which connector do you use in Power BI? 

Besides, could you see the data in the Power BI Service?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, normally, if the data source is online, we don't need to add it to data gateway.

For your strange scenario, I need know more details.

Do you have other data source in this report? No, one data source

In addition, which connector do you use in Power BI? Get Data > SQL Server

Besides, could you see the data in the Power BI Service? If you mean on the reports, yes. Publishing fine, but cannot "schedule refresh" in the "Dataset" because of this enterprise data gateway error. 

All the best,

Dan.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry that I don't have the enviroment to test with AWS.

You could check if it will remind you don't need a gateway in Power BI Service.

Normally, if your data source don't need gateway, it will remind you like below under Dataset.

Untitled.png

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors