Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

martbov
Frequent Visitor

Change Redshift database in report

Hello everyone,

I've built a report in Power BI desktop with Amazon Redshift as its datasource. The report was built using a test database/cluster in Redshift and now that the report is complete, I would like to switch to the 'live' database/cluster. However, I could not find the option to configure that in Power BI desktop.

Could someone explain to me if it is possible to switch between Redshift datasources and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@martbov,

There are two methods for you to change the data source.

1. Go to File->Options and Settings->Data Source settings, then find your data source and click change data source.
1.JPG

2. Right click your table, select "Edit query", then click Advanced Editor in the Query Editor of Power BI Desktop, change server and database in the source code in the Advanced Editor .

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@martbov,

There are two methods for you to change the data source.

1. Go to File->Options and Settings->Data Source settings, then find your data source and click change data source.
1.JPG

2. Right click your table, select "Edit query", then click Advanced Editor in the Query Editor of Power BI Desktop, change server and database in the source code in the Advanced Editor .

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kevhav
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I also had this use case. And I discovered that the "Change Source..." button is not enabled, for my Redshift data source.

I just created this idea; please vote...

"Change Source..." for Redshift data sources

Thank you, Lydia. Your second method solves my problem.
In the datasource settings the "Change Source..." button is greyed out for me, but manually entering the correct data source in the Advanced Editor did work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors