Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot refresh a MySQL source

Hello,

Using Power BI desktop I have uploaded a report using a MySQL datasource and while everything was working until I set up the refresh and every successive refresh (ondemand and scheduled) failed with the following error:

MySQL: This database function doesn't support the query option 'ReturnSingleDatabase' with value 'true'.

Any ideas of what could be wrong? The credentials are on the database level and I have setup a personal gateway that is running on an always-on server.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rémi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

Can you try to delete this option?

You have to open the query editor, then do a right click on the query on the left, and "Advanced editor".

On the first line of the new window, I suppose that you can see "ReturnSingleDatabase = true" or something like that, try to delete this and try again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Florent-Shawns

Without the option, it works on Excel 2016 but not on Excel 2013. And with the option, it works on Excel 2013 but not on 2016.

So it seems like if you both have Excel 2016 and 2013 in your company, you would have to switch all Excel 2013 to 2016 and remove the option.

Rémi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

Can you try to delete this option?

You have to open the query editor, then do a right click on the query on the left, and "Advanced editor".

On the first line of the new window, I suppose that you can see "ReturnSingleDatabase = true" or something like that, try to delete this and try again.

This saved me a bit of trouble as well, thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Any ideas why that goes as an option by default?

Are you using the latest version of the personal gateway?

The gateway is on a slightly-different release cycle than the desktop app. We try to order things so that features aren't used by default in the desktop app until they're also available in the gateway. It doesn't always work out :/.

Hi,

I don't know why there is this option, I don't know how to use this option.

I just saw this before with one costumer.

I can't help you more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors