Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MCrowley
Frequent Visitor

Can't get Personal Gateway Installed

I am having trouble with the Personal Gateway. I have gone through and verified I have the rights to Logon as a Service and am consistently getting the same error. I can see the service start and it errors out.

From the Event Log

Cannot connect to the Data Management Gateway cloud service. Please check the gateway key and the network connection. Error message: One or more error occurred when accessing the Host Service. Error message: An error occurred while sending the request.

An error occurred while sending the request.

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

error_gateway.png

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm wondering about the yellow warning in your picture. It seems to make reference to the Analysis Services Connector, do you have that installed on the same box? I do not believe you can have both of those installed on the same computer.

This is the current definitive link on the Personal Gateway:

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/649846-power-bi-personal-gateway

It does say that you cannot have the personal gateway and analysis services connector on the same computer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I have a similar problem

My Yellow message is a bit different though -sorry I couldnt paste the pic-

This is the yellow message

! C:\Program Files\Power BI Analysis Services Connector\1.0\Shared\diacmd.exe

I had the Power BI Analysis Services Connector, but then learned you can't have both -that and the Personal Gateway- so I uninstalled the Analysis Services Connector.  I made sure it is all gone and I am certain that there is no such folder anywhere in the C drive.  But it still appears there somehow during the Configuration.

I got the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Got it. I had to remove everything under this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataTransfer]

It had a reference to diacmd.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataTransfer\DataManagementGateway\ConfigurationManager]
"DiacmdPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Power BI Analysis Services Connector\\1.0\\Shared\\diacmd.exe"

Export the key first, såo you have a backup.

/mgr33n

Had the same problem and this solved it

Having the same issue yet not sure I'm fully grasping the technics. Possible to clarify how to fix this step-by-step?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors