Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChristianH
Frequent Visitor

Can't delete D365 dashboard with Power BI content

I'm running in to a weird bug when embedding Power BI dashboards as CRM dashboard in Dynamics 365:

A Power BI dashboard has been shared with a user of Dynamics 365 for Sales and this user has added this PBI-dashboard as a CRM dashboard in D365.

Now the owner of the original Power BI dashboard revokes the rights to it for the D365 user. Because of this the Power BI-dashboard is no longer visible on the D365/CRM dashboard. The user gets the message "Content no longer available". If the user now tries to remove the D365/CRM dashboard he/she is not allowed to ("Access denied")

Did anyone else encounter this problem? And is there a way to remove the now useles D365 dashboard?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Helo guys !

I also have that issue.

the shared powerbi report was deleted (on powerbi) but the sharing is still active and returns 

It looks like you don't have access to this report

if I try to delete it:  Error Entity 'UserForm' With Id = xxxxxxx Does Not Exist
and of course no one is able to tell me who is the owner. 

btw, I have sys admin rights.

Any chance that report is somewhere in the AOT ? 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ChristianH,

Based on your description, you share a dashboard to a user in Power BI Service, then the user embed this dashboard in his own Dynamics 365 sales dashboard, right?

If so, I test the same scenario as yours and I am unable to reproduce your issue. The user I share Power BI dashboard to can successfully delete the embedded dashboard in his Dynamics 365 sales dashboard.

I would recommend you check if the user lacks the pemission to delete a dashboard in Dynamics 365.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for looking in to this problem. 

The D365 user can remove the (CRM)dashboard when the Power BI dashboard is still shared with him/her. But when the owner of the Power BI dashboard revokes the rights to the dashboard for the D365 user, he/she is not only unable to see the Power BI dashboard in D365, but is also unable to remove (the now empty) D365 dashboard. 

Are you able to reproduce that?

@ChristianH,

After I revoke permission to the dashboard for the user, the user still can remove D365 dashboard.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ok, thank you for checking! 

I'm going to check with the  D365 Admin to see if there is something wrong in the CRM user role settings. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors