cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GermanCano Visitor
Visitor

Can't connect to Sharepoint Online using PowerBI Service

When I connect to SharePoint online from PowerBI Desktop I have no problem. However, when I try to connect to a list in SharePoint Online from PowerBI Service I can not find the option. I'm talking about creating a new data source located in SharePoint Online, I'm not talking about refreshing an existing source.

Somebody can help me? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Can't connect to Sharepoint Online using PowerBI Service

If you are talking about doing this solely through the Service, I am not aware of any option to do this when you go to Get Data. The process is to do this in Desktop, Publish and then refresh in the Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

If you are talking about doing this solely through the Service, I am not aware of any option to do this when you go to Get Data. The process is to do this in Desktop, Publish and then refresh in the Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@GermanCano,

It is possible to directly connect to SharePoint Online file using "Get data->Files" option in Power BI Service, but it is not possible to directly connect to SharePoint online list in Power BI Service. Please use Power BI Desktop as Greg_Deckler's post.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.