Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

richard_dijkman

Can't Connect PeopleHR API with PowerBI

Hi,

I am currently trying to connect the API of People HR (https://api.peoplehr.net/pages/functional/) to PowerBI. I am not able to do this however through 'get data' 'from web' and using my API key. 

The webpage is able to give me the result I want using my API key but I want to have the connection made to PowerBI and be able to refresh this connection. 

Does anyone have any experience how to do this with this kind of API. 

Thank you in advance. 

R. Dijkman

3 REPLIES 3
MathewIsherwood
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm trying to do this too but then link to the video doesn't work.

Is the JSON route still the best way to go? What is the difference between this and the Restful API implementation?

Thanks

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @richard_dijkman,

You can format JSON data following the instructions in this video, then directly connect to the JSON file via Get Data->File->JSON entry in Power BI Desktop, Power BI can recognize JSON data properly.

However, if you want to use Web entry in Power BI Desktop to get data from PeopleWeb API, please firstly contact People Support to check how to extract data via the RESTful API.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
richard_dijkman

Hi,

I am currently trying to connect PeopleHR (https://api.peoplehr.net/pages/functional/ )

Using this web interface, I can enter my APIkey and get a response from the page with the data. I am not able to connect this to PowerBI however. When I enter the link and my APIkey using 'get data' and 'from web', I do not get a connection to the API. 

Does anyone have any experience with how to get an API like this working?

Thank you in advance,

R. Dijkman

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors