Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Bi Publisher for Excel and tables

I've been able tt conenct ot my model with Bi publisher, but wanted to clarify a coupel of things

1. I have seperate sections in my feilds list for measure and the data columns. Is that normal as makes it hard to navigate?

2. Under fields if i click in Show fields i see only 1version of each table (depsite the fact there are 2 as above). is this normal as makes it useless

3. in the same place i have a host of tables called localDatetabledfsdfggdfgdfgfdgfd. What are these?

4. I can make pivot tables , but is there anyway to use this to extract an actual table using evaluate summarize type statement like you can from powerpviot

thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@masplin

1. This is the default behavior of loading Excel Data Model.

2. I don't know what you mean "2 versions" of your tables. Either duplicated table or calculated tables can be listed under "Show fields" properly.

3. This is because Power BI activate Auto Date/Time functionality wihch will create these LocalDateTables. You can close it under "File->Option->Current File->Time Intelligence". For more details, see: Power BI Model Size Bloat And Auto Date/Time Tables

4. No, you can't use Evaluate SUMMARIZE statemnt in model. You can only create calculated members/measures (Under "PivotTable Tools->Analyze->OLAP Tools")

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@masplin

1. This is the default behavior of loading Excel Data Model.

2. I don't know what you mean "2 versions" of your tables. Either duplicated table or calculated tables can be listed under "Show fields" properly.

3. This is because Power BI activate Auto Date/Time functionality wihch will create these LocalDateTables. You can close it under "File->Option->Current File->Time Intelligence". For more details, see: Power BI Model Size Bloat And Auto Date/Time Tables

4. No, you can't use Evaluate SUMMARIZE statemnt in model. You can only create calculated members/measures (Under "PivotTable Tools->Analyze->OLAP Tools")

Regards,

2. So I see one section for calcauted measures and then further down another section for the table columns. They arent next to each other and you cant sort alphabetically.  So if I'm building a pivot on the cusotmer table I need to scroll up and down to fnd them. i just discovered if i use the show fields I then just see both.

I also now see if I select a table that has lots of relitonships it also shows those.

Makes sense now

3. Thanks

4. Its such a pity there is no way to extract the raw columns form a pbix model.  Extracting as a pivot in tabular form is just no where near as good

Thnaks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors