Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhenning
Frequent Visitor

Azure "cannot load the data for this visual"

I connected to some data in an Azure database, but when I try to start selecting available fields to build a report, power BI claims it cannot load the data for this visual

I have confirmed that the table actually has data, so I am confused regarding what the issue might be. 

3 REPLIES 3
duncfair
Advocate II
Advocate II

The Pro version isn't different software; it allows the user to submit support tickets as well as granting the ability to publish to a Premium workspace.

jeffrey_wang
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

If you created your dataset directly on Power BI website instead of through Excel or Designer, you might be impacted by a bug that maps tables containing certain datetime data types incorrectly to Power BI. The fix of the bug is propagating through stages of internal testing therefore will take a couple of weeks to show up at various production sites. If your case is urgent, please open a support incident.

changing the datatype from datetime to date seemed to resolve the issue for me. It's annoying that MS did not provide an answer or this suggestion. This product feels incredibly "beta" considering they are charging for the pro version. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors