Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michael_Hammer

Appending Files, but not a set # of files...

Good Morning PBI Community,

So, an ERP system of ours spits out files of roughly 10K lines in length via CSV format.  However, the number of files varies with the number of orders.  Sometimes it's 20 files sometimes 52 sometimes 9.  How can I get PBI or Power Query to append all of these regardless of the size.  Is there some sort of variable I could use?

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
markvsql
Resolver I
Resolver I

The From Folder option in Power Query/Power BI Desktop will stack all files in the folder you specificy (including any subfolders). If you put the files you want to import into that folder and use the From Folder option, you will get them all. Then you just need to "Combine" them via the button at the top of the column listing Binary values. Then you woudl just need to filter out the column headgins (if any) from the files after the first one since those will be listed as rows. You can find more details here: http://excelunplugged.com/2015/02/10/get-data-from-folder-in-power-query/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
markvsql
Resolver I
Resolver I

The From Folder option in Power Query/Power BI Desktop will stack all files in the folder you specificy (including any subfolders). If you put the files you want to import into that folder and use the From Folder option, you will get them all. Then you just need to "Combine" them via the button at the top of the column listing Binary values. Then you woudl just need to filter out the column headgins (if any) from the files after the first one since those will be listed as rows. You can find more details here: http://excelunplugged.com/2015/02/10/get-data-from-folder-in-power-query/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors