Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Access to the resource is forbidden (VSTS Connector)

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to pull data from VSTS. I follow the documentation, however, I still get this "Access to the resource is forbidden.".  I already have the access though. What am I missing here? Need your help, please.

VSTS.PNG

image.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

When using organizational account authentication in Power BI Desktop, it requires Azure Active Directory (AAD) account and credential. I don't think that you can use personal emailin this case.

Another way is to use basic authentication and enter personal access token in Power BI Desktop when connecting to VSTS. For more details, please review the following article and similar thread.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/report/analytics/client-authentication-options?toc=/vsts/report/powerbi/toc.json&bc=/vsts/report/powerbi/breadcrumb/toc.json&view=vsts

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Tip-for-anyone-trying-to-connect-PBI-Desktop-to-VSTS-REST-API/m-p/470137/highlight/false#M18537 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
etri

Hello, I am trying to connect to DevOps. It connected to other Active Directory, and I haven't account there. I created Alternate Credentials for Basic access, but getting error: We couldn't authenticate with credentials provided".

Then I am tried create Personal Access Token, but in this case error: "Access to the resource is forbidden.". 

The feature Analytics Views is On for me and for organization.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That account should have access to your DevOps else you will keep on encountering that error message @etri 

@etri wrote:

Hello, I am trying to connect to DevOps. It connected to other Active Directory, and I haven't account there. I created Alternate Credentials for Basic access, but getting error: We couldn't authenticate with credentials provided".

Then I am tried create Personal Access Token, but in this case error: "Access to the resource is forbidden.". 

The feature Analytics Views is On for me and for organization.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone else finds their way here with a similar problem, another issue is that the DevOps login must be from at least a Basic license.  Stakeholder accounts cannot access the connector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, im using my personal email since it has Microsoft subscription. Need your help on this please.

@Anonymous,

When using organizational account authentication in Power BI Desktop, it requires Azure Active Directory (AAD) account and credential. I don't think that you can use personal emailin this case.

Another way is to use basic authentication and enter personal access token in Power BI Desktop when connecting to VSTS. For more details, please review the following article and similar thread.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/report/analytics/client-authentication-options?toc=/vsts/report/powerbi/toc.json&bc=/vsts/report/powerbi/breadcrumb/toc.json&view=vsts

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Tip-for-anyone-trying-to-connect-PBI-Desktop-to-VSTS-REST-API/m-p/470137/highlight/false#M18537 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, yes you are correct. 🙂

Already contact the admin and changed my email! Kudos to you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors