Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RubinaHussain
Frequent Visitor

Able to connect to salesforce Objects but not to salesforce reports through my power Bi desktop

Hi

I am struggling to connect to salesforce reports using get data in Power Bi desktop. After lot of struggle i was able to get it on the online Power Bi. I like the desktop version for building the dashboards, and would need your help to figure why i am not able to connect to salesforce reports using that. Is it cause I have the free download version of Power Bi desktop?

Thanks

Rubina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I want to thank all of you who helped. @zenatti had shared old version archives and that helped me solve my problem.

I went back to Dec 2017 old version. The latest version update of Power Bi does not support salesforce reports. As soon as I moved to an old version of desktop Power Bi, all my problems were resolved. I am thankful to all of you for helping. 

Thank you, Lydia.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@RubinaHussain,

What error message do you get when using the salesforce report connector in Power BI Desktop?

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I just have power BI free desktop version 2.61.5192.601 64-bit could that be a reason ? Yes I do see the screen shot that you have shared, but thats it. If i try to connect, it will never get connected.

Regards,

Rubina

I want to thank all of you who helped. @zenatti had shared old version archives and that helped me solve my problem.

I went back to Dec 2017 old version. The latest version update of Power Bi does not support salesforce reports. As soon as I moved to an old version of desktop Power Bi, all my problems were resolved. I am thankful to all of you for helping. 

Thank you, Lydia.

I was having the same problem (using August 2018 version) and installing the latest version today fixed it for me, which is Version: 2.62.5222.601 64-bit (September 2018)

Hopefully the new version works for you as well so you don't have to revert back to such an old version.

Thank you so much. I figured out Dec 2017 was too old. I then uninstalled and went back to May 2018 version. The version that I had downloaded as on September 10th 2018 was not working for salesforce reports. I noticed that as of september 11, they have a new version. 

After so many hours and pain of not being able to figure out why a particular version was not working. I will give it a try. Thank u so much.

Regards,

Rubina

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your response. When i try to connect I get no messages. it just keeps on and on searching for the salesforce reports.

It goes to navigator, display options shows 3 dots which looks as if it is searching and then nothing shows up on the screen. Though same thing does not happen if I select salesforce objects. I get instant result.

I have few dashboards which are ready to use, created by someone else. I am able to refresh those dashboards. But not able to create or access anything new.

Any idea what is going wrong. Please the entire BI community, need help.

Thanks

Rubina.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors