Regular Visitor

How to submit your Data Story to the Gallery

[ Edited ]

We want to hear about your best data story! The new Data Stories Gallery is a place where you can show off your reports, and find inspiration in the work of others. Follow the instructions below to submit your report to our public Gallery.

Note: For assistance with finding your publish to web URL, see this post.

Be sure to review the legal disclaimers: Terms of Service and Third Party Programs.

1. If you haven’t yet, register for the Power BI Community. To register you need a username, password, and email.
    register.png
  2. Once you have logged in to your Power BI Community account, go to the Data Stories Gallery and select the “Submit your data story” button in the top right of the page.
    submitbutton.png
  3. Fill out the submission form. You must include a title, publish to web URL, description, category, and thumbnail image. If you would like viewers to be able to download your PBIX file directly, you can include it in the form.
    formexample.png
  4. Click the “Publish” button. Your submission should appear on the Data Stories Gallery shortly.

Regular Visitor

Re: How to submit your Data Story to the Gallery

@Jessica Hi Jessica, I've been uploading Power BI Publish to Web URL on to data stories gallery but will always get "Content not available" yet when you open it directly it works. Any ideas?

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Data-Stories-Gallery/EPL-15-16-Season/m-p/68861#M300

Regular Visitor

Hi @osoosh! I just took a look at your Data Gallery submission and it appears to be working now! There may have been an issue with our network when you last checked. Let me know if you run into more problems, and great report. Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

All good now!Thanks @Jessica

Highlighted
Advisor

Is there a way to sort or filter the Data Stories Gallery by author? I've submitted a few reports at this point, and it would be ideal to have one URL that we could pass on that would be to an author's "portfolio" rather than have to find and link to each individual page.