cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dianacris Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

lab 4 - cannot pin answer to dashboard

Why do I not have a pin next to the Q&A box after entering a question?  I can't pin the answer to a dashboard if I don't have a pin icon. What am I doing wrong?  I reviewed the Natural Language Queries video several times and the pin icon is there, but I don't see it on mine when I'm logged into powerbi.com.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Super User
Super User

Re: lab 4 - cannot pin answer to dashboard

@dianacris Have you typed in an accepted or recognized question so that a visual appears? In every case I've tested the pin shows up. Could you explain what you are doing and maybe a screenshot of your issue?

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Frequent Visitor

Here's what the lab asked me to do:

Let's try the natural language query feature and create a few visualizations for your dashboard.

1. Type the question "What is year to date sales" in the text box for Q&A.
    2. Pin the answer to VanArsdel Sales dashboard.

I entered "What is year to date sales" and got the answer, but there's no pin icon.  I finished the lab without pinning the answers as requested in items 2, 4, and 8. 

Lab4-CantPinAnswer.png

I've moved on Exercise 2 but when I try to Share the dashboard (missing the pinned answer tiles) I do not have a Share button to click, only Cancel.  I'm assuming the same issue causing the issue above is causing this one as well.

Lab4-CantShareDashboard.png

Super User
Super User

@dianacris hmm. I just downloaded the same PBIX file, loaded it into my workspace and don't have the same issue.

Do you have a free license or Pro?

And have you made sure you are on the latest desktop version?

Just trying to figure out why it would be different...

My screenshot:

YTD-test.JPG

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Frequent Visitor

I'm using the free version and I do have the latest version of the desktop.   I feel like there's some permissions issue here that I'm not aware of because this is just bizarre.

wsabey Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Which browser and version are you using?

c_carol Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I'm having the same problem. My browser is Chrome, and as far as I know everything is up to date.

glyndafinister5 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: lab 4 - Ques 1, cannot pin answer to dashboard

I too am having this same problem, I can't pin Q&A to dashboard. I had a message to " try to Power BI Pro for 60 days"; I clicked on it. Now under Datasets/Data Source Creditials it says, " Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid, please update you credentials and try again. Then when I hit edit credentials/Sign in, the system just keeps churning. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing here, but I definitely don't get any option to pin my Q&A. Please advise on this. Thanks,

glyndafinister5 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

As you can see below, I'm not given the option to pin my Q&A. I had the Free version and my Q& A looked like this below and I couldn't refresh. So when I saw a pop up to "Try free Power BI Pro for 60 days, I did it. Now it shows "edit credentials" below, and when I click on that it just keeps churning...no results. Any ideas how to proceed with getting the pin next to my question?

image.png

AnamikaA_Lex Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

The screenshot you are sharing is for Gateway connection. You can Pin the visual by clicking on Pin Visual icon: PIN.PNG

You may activate, Pro Power BI trial of 60 days. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,598 guests