Regular Visitor

Re: lab 4 - Ques 1, cannot pin answer to dashboard

Thanks, I didn't realize until recently that I can get free IT support with my trial version. So I've put a ticket into IT to help with this and I'm waiting on them to respond. I believe this problem occurred because I had set up a fictitious business account. I have a real business account with Microsoft of which I've recently downloaded Power BI Pro, but my version is still showing as Power BI Desktop. Bottom line, I think the initial account set up is what is causing this "editing credentials" error. I've already connected with Microsoft's IT and hope to hear back from them very soon. Thanks for your input. 

Regular Visitor

Re: lab 4 - Ques 1, cannot pin answer to dashboard - RESOLVED!

In case anyone else has this problem. After I installed the Personal Gateway successfully, it didn't automatically take me to the login, which is why I was getting those "edit credentials" errors on my Q&As.  The Microsoft Tech told me it's a problem with Windows 10. To resolve this I clicked on the Windows icon in the lower right corner of my PC, and started typing on my keyboard "Personal" until I saw "Power BI Gateway - Personal Desktop" and then I was able to get the login credentials, and subsequently click on all of the "edit credentials" next to each Q&A, then clicked the circled arrow at the top to refresh the page.

Not able to find the Pin button for Q&A? 

Then Click on the Dashboard "VanArsdels Sales" as shown below and click on "Ask a question about your data" as shown below, then click on the question and you'll see the Pin button. That's what I had to do. Thanks to everyone for your input on this.

image.png

Regular Visitor

Also, you can find answers to this on PowerBI.com/Learn/Documentation/Gateways. Regards,

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for sharing this information. Really useful for everyone.