cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l-y-t Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop for Mac

Hi,

For this course, I can't seem to find a PowerBI Desktop download for Mac.  If there isn't Desktop available for Mac, can I still take this course and do the labs using Power BI online service account only?

Thanks,

Linda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamLester Established Member
Established Member

Re: Power BI Desktop for Mac

@l-y-t Hi Linda, there is currently no Power BI Desktop for Mac. I imagine that you could get through the majority of the course using the online service, but the videos show the Desktop client through nearly all report/dashboard development, so you'll need to do a bit of exploring to find the similar functionality in the online service. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here in this forum. 

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

3 REPLIES 3
SamLester Established Member
Established Member

@l-y-t Hi Linda, there is currently no Power BI Desktop for Mac. I imagine that you could get through the majority of the course using the online service, but the videos show the Desktop client through nearly all report/dashboard development, so you'll need to do a bit of exploring to find the similar functionality in the online service. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here in this forum. 

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

l-y-t Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Sam.  

Highlighted
msimpler Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'd like to put my vote in for Microsoft investing in Power BI for Mac. 

Our company's business team is standardized on MacBook and Apple computing devices.

I could, but don't want to, run a VM.

Please produce a cloud version or get a Desktop version running for Mac.

We are new users of Insightly and want the improved reporting and broader integration with data sources that Power BI offers.

Thank you for your consideration.

Melissa Simpler, CEO, Affinegy