cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JMcDon1007 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

*PLEASE HELP* Lab 4 - Exercise 1 Natural Language Query Feature-Create visualizations on dashboard

Is there anyone that could walk me through the steps I would take beginning with #5 in the attached Exercise instructions.  This will create the table that is shown in the bottom left hand side of dashboard. 

I've gathered that color saturation is not available after the Nov 2018 update, but I read where you could use conditional formatting; however, if I drag Total Units into a bar chart with Product and Total Sales, the ability to conditionally format goes away (I read where you can only have one value to conditionally format...?)

I ended up creating an entirely new bar chart in the report section of the PBI service, bringing in Product and Total Sales, then doing a conditional format on the bars by Total Units.  This gives me the chart I want, except the values are not correct.  I added a Year slicer, and clicked on 2015 and it gave me the chart just like in the picture (????...I'm living on a prayer by this point).  So, I've pinned that chart to my dashboard; however, I know this wasn't the right way to do this.  

Based on the instructions I've added to the post, what would be the best way to have done this?  My big fear is that I've "jury-rigged" this and it may cause problems down the line.  Can anyone offer any insight?  Thanks.

I'm using the Lab_4_Starting.pbix file.

Capture3.PNGHelp with highlighted portion... resulting in bar chart in lower left of picture

1 REPLY 1
BarthoP Visitor
Visitor

Re: *PLEASE HELP* Lab 4 - Exercise 1 Natural Language Query Feature-Create visualizations on dashboa

I am stuck at the same stage of the exercise and I can't find solutions because I can't follow the steps indicated in the question. Thanks for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 379 members 3,531 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: