cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kharras1
Regular Visitor

Lab2 - creating relationships between Locations and Sales causes "Object reference not set" error

Hello,

I attempted to create a relationship between Locations and Sales after creating a new column in each, CountryZip.  I got the error above.  I ended up "Sending a frown" to report the error, but I was later able to create the relationship by following the steps, and that is what I want to ask about.

The steps say to create the two columns with the following signature: Country + ", " + Zip.  This worked; however, during the Excel course I was able to create CountryZip like this: Country + Zip, no spaces or other characters.  Why would Power BI throw an error when attempting to create a relationship between two tables where the CountryZip column is Country + Zip, but not Country + ", " + Zip?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
LeifGreen-LeX Post Patron
Post Patron

Re: Lab2 - creating relationships between Locations and Sales causes "Object reference not set&

The step is perfectly, you will get correct result if you follow the lab step.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.