cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adelene-tan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lab 5 Exercise 2 step 3

I didn't see the excel file in the dataset and the power view report in the power BI report. The excel file is found under workbooks in the power bi service instead.

2 REPLIES 2
gleslie Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 5 Exercise 2 step 3

I had the same experience as you. No Report appeared in PowerBI Service, nor a dataset. The only thing that showed up was under the "Workbook" section.

Can a TA please advise on what we might be doing wrong?

For example, I notice that, when I open the actual Excel file in Microsoft Excel, I don't actually see a PowerView report (even though the PowerView Add-in is enabled on my computer). Instead I see the image below. Might the problem actually be PowerView in Microsoft Excel? Meaning maybe there's something I need to do to the file/computer before I attempt to upload to PowerBI Service?

Screenshot PowerView.png

gleslie Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 5 Exercise 2 step 3

Hi Everyone,

For what it's worth, instead of selecting "Upload your Excel file to Power BI" I tried "Import Excel Data into PowerBI", and everything worked as it should, i.e. the "Lab 5 - USA.xlsx" file was uploaded as a dataset, and a PowerBI Report was also created from the PowerView Report.

I still don't fully understand the different between uploading and importing, so I can't explain why the upload did not work but the import did.