Occasional Visitor

Re: Lab 5 - Exercise 2; requires Silverlight capable browser for viewing Powerview reports?

Simply disappointed, can't believe Power BI education team can't fix the small issue within 2 years! 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 5 - Exercise 2; requires Silverlight capable browser for viewing Powerview reports?

Q1 Using the Power View1 report, which manufacturer has the most growth in total units between May and June 2015 (for all categories)?  

A1 - Pirum

Q2 What about for only the Youth category? Which manufacturer has the most growth in total units between May and June 2015, for the Youth category?

A2 - Natura

Q3 Which manufacturer(s) does not have products for the Youth category?

A3 Pirum, VanArsdel

Q4 For the Central region in 2015, which are the top 4 Manufacturers (in terms of Total Units)?

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. Neither Import Excel Data into Power BI nor Upload your Excel file to Power BI are working. 

Also simply tried open with Excel but the error message said the file is corrupt and can't be opened. I think power BI provider need to update with a new data. 

Any solutions to this one?

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here, neither Import Excel data into Power BI nor Upload your Excel file to Power BI are working. 

Simply try to open with Excel but the message said the file is corrupt and cannot be opened. 

I think this got something to do with the file itself. 

I'm using corporate laptop where I don't have admin access. Therefore, can't update the Silverlight or any other software.

Any solutions to this?

KXO Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 5 - requires Silverlight capable browser for viewing Powerview reports? Any solution other

Power view reports require a Silverlight supporting browser to open in excel online. Please open this in a different browser.  

You can use Power BI to import power view sheets from your workbooks & create a Power BI report you can share online.

I have same the issue.

I've installed Silverlight & tried in chrome, internet explorer & firefox but no use.
Can anyone please assist to solve this issue and explain what do you mean by "

You can use Power BI to import power view sheets from your workbooks & create a Power BI report you can share online."

Thanks in advance.