Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 5 - Exercise 2; requires Silverlight capable browser for viewing Powerview reports?

I just imported the Excel File instead of uploading it. This way PowerBi transforms the PowerView Sheet into a PowerBI Report that works well in Edge Smiley Wink

But still I dont quite get the answer to question Lab question 2. The "correct" anwser according to the edX is the one with the biggest decline. But the questin is for the biggest growth. Did I get that wrong ?

Re: Lab 5 - Exercise 2; requires Silverlight capable browser for viewing Powerview reports?

You said the "correct" anwser according to the edX is the one with the biggest decline, what does that mean? The question asks the most growth, so just observe the report you filter to see which has the most growth.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

Please review the question carefully, you need to check which has the most growth. Have a look at the power view report you gpt along with USA report to get the answer to these related questions. Good Luck !

Frequent Visitor

The import worked for me as well, rather than upload. Mozilla doesn't seem to support Silverlight any longer.

Also had the same issue with the second question in the lab, where the answer seems to be the biggest decline rather than biggest growth.

Regular Visitor

The Excel file would not load in PowerBI Service not matter what I tried. Ran into Silverlight error messages in every browser I used. I even had problems opening this file as a powerview in Excel. The visuals would not display at all

I ended up loading the PowerPivot and then creating a Pivot from that to answer some of the questions

Regular Visitor

Hi,

Did you tried importing the file or uploading it. PLease try once again by importing the file on Firefox browser or use the latest IE version.

Regular Visitor

I tried EDGE, IE 11, Latest CHROME version.

EDGE should have worked but did not.

I don't use firefox, but the visuals for that file did not work even if I downloaded the file and I have Office 365.

Somebody needs to check the file.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 5 - requires Silverlight capable browser for viewing Powerview reports? Any solution other

It works with IE 11 

1. You need to update to the latest version of Silverlight 
  2. Restart IE.
  3. Works like a wonder!

Kudos!

Frequent Visitor

I got the same error and tried different browsers and Silverlight. Nothing works. Power BI still does not upload the file correctlt :-(

Since this issue was first noticed two years ago does anyone know what the permanent fix is?

Regular Visitor

In my case I installed firefox and silverlight but the repot didn´r work, so I resolved with explorer