Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
htoups Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lab 2: Exercise 3 - My formulas aren't working

So I'm on the first set of labs. 

For both lab 2 and lab 3, after answering the questions, getting them wrong twice, and checking my formulas against the answers shown, I have the same formulas written, but for some reason, mine aren't working. 

I have re- setup my power BI from scratch following all of the directions exactly and still can't get my formulas to work properly. 

My last year sales are equal to my total sales, and so none of my formulas based on those values will calculate correctly. 

Has anyone else had this issue and was able to fix it? I'd hate to keep losing points when everything looks correct on my end. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_8310841 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 2: Exercise 3 - My formulas aren't working

Well - got it mostly sorted. I had an error with the "LY Sales" expression...was pulling from the "Sales [Date]" dolumn and actually needed to use "Date [Date]".

My number for Total sales was accurate in the first place but for some reason the course marked both values as wrong. 

7 REPLIES 7
Frequent Visitor

I'm having a similar problem in Lab 2, exercise 2. 

I think my formulas are spot on - especially considering the HUGE hints that are there at the bottom of the exercise; namely "If you're stuck, why not take a look at these formuas for 'units' instead of revenue..."

I'm not sure where or what else to check against or what I'm missing. I assume the set-up from Lab 2: Exercise 1 needs to be flawless? 

Frequent Visitor

Well - got it mostly sorted. I had an error with the "LY Sales" expression...was pulling from the "Sales [Date]" dolumn and actually needed to use "Date [Date]".

My number for Total sales was accurate in the first place but for some reason the course marked both values as wrong. 

htoups Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

That happened to me as well. My first answer was correct, but it still was marked wrong. 

I was never able to get the second answer as it only gives you two chances. 

lfillion Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The same thing has happened to me and I have started over 3 times from scratch.  Is there anyone that we can email or talk to?

lfillion Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The same thing is happening to me and i have started over 3 times from scratch.  Is there someone we can call to assist?

Charmain10 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Im having a siimilar issues.The formulas are working but the figures that the measure produce seem to be way off

Sairah_60 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 1: Exercise 2 - My formulas aren't working

Hi there

Am hoping someone can help.

I can't seem to get the formula for Lab 1 Exercise 2 correct. It says:

1. In the Sales query, add a custom column named Country Name which takes the value of the Country column when it is not null and the value of "USA" when the Country column is null. 

I have used the following formula:

IF([Country]="null","USA",[Country])

It doesn't work! Where am I going wrong?

Am hoping someone can help.

Kind Regards, Sairah