cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rushiraj29 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lab 2 Exercise 2 and Exercise 3

I tried to complete Lab 2 Exercise 2 as well as Exercise 3, in both the exercises i got the first question correct. However the second question which asks for Sales Var % (Exercise 2) and YTD Sales Var % (Exercise 3) both i got incorrect. The frustration is both the times I am getting exactly the same % (-31.92) which is incorrect. For Exercise 2 i got the answer wrong so i looked at the solution, I have followed it step by step and i am still unable to get the correct answer. For Exercise 3 i again have followed and entered all the formulas step by step and ended up getting the same answer as in exercise 2. In exercise 3 i have already wasted one attempt and i do not wish to waste another one, please help me understand where I am going wrong or what am i supposed to do? I believe the whole point to taking this course is to develop a base understanding of how PowerBI operates i need my foundation strong to understand and fully utilize the knowledge gained here. Please HELP!

17 REPLIES 17
SonaliG_LeX Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Lab 2 Exercise 2 and Exercise 3

Hi,

Hope you are formating the second measure to be created in ex 2 as percentage . you require to take out the sales var here. and then derive the  % for the same .you can also share the formula you are using for the same if you are trying somethig else.As, answer to this question is coming out to be correct.

dsween2136 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same answer of -31.92%... Did you ever figure this out?

dsween2136 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind- it's just because of the way you're visualizing it in the report. I was doing it the same way they did it in the tutorial where Sales Var% is on the y-axis and years below. Instead just drag sales var % onto your report and click the "table" option to visualize. You should get 2.74% now

readytolearn Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Are you saying 2.74 is the correct answer ? If so can you please share the DAX formula ? because I am getting -49.76 for the question What is the figure for the YTD Sales Var % measure? (enter the absolute value, to two decimal places) which is incorrect. 

Franz_Valverde Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Are you saying 2.74 is the correct answer ? If so can you please share the DAX formula ? because I am getting -49.76 for the question What is the figure for the YTD Sales Var % measure? (enter the absolute value, to two decimal places) which is incorrect. 

-49.76% is correct, but the question is asking for Absolute Value, which is 49.76!

Regards

readytolearn Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Awesome! I got that right, thanks for the response. Smiley Happy 

usaeed01 Visitor
Visitor

Hi, I got the same answer -49.76%, but didn't understand what they meant by ABSOLUTE, so did some Google and came across this post. I plugged in 49.76 and it's still not accepting it as the correct answer. I am down to the last strike. Am I suppose to put the % sign too?

Highlighted
belvoir99 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@usaeed01- you got it right. There's a bug on this question. Absolute means to convert the number into a positive value.

Apparently if you enter 49.76%, it'll be right. See below.Annotation 2019-04-27 122659.png 

As you can see, I failed! Smiley Sad

halomo97 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem!! I got 0 for the question even though I had the correct answer. In the previous exercise you didn't have to put the percentage to get a correct answer though. Very annoying Smiley Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 283 members 2,786 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: