I get the following error when I append the queries and try to close and apply:
OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E.
I have followed everything in the lab to the T, and tried it multiple times. The Access DB is saved in the correct folder (C:\Dat207x) and so are the other international files.
The Locale is set to English (United States) and date formats were changed using the same locale as another user had suggested in another forum.
Am I missing something here? Do I not have the correct version of something? And how do I avoid this error?
did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the exact same errormessage when clicking close and apply. I get a second error for a different query, stating that:
"The operation has been cancelled because there is not enougn memory available for the application. If using a 32-bit version of the product, consider upgrading to the 64-bit version or increasing the amount of memory available on the machine."
I have 8Gb and I am using the 64-bit version, but I am using a huge key-table, therefore it is very well possible that I do have a lack of memory. At first I thought I received the error above (OLE DB or ODBC error) as a result of a memory shortage. However, it did work before with the same queries and nearly exactly the same source data. The error first occurred after our ICT department changed a key-fieldname in one of my sources (all .CSV files, which are updated daily) without notice. Having repaired this, I get this error as a result and I am still unable to find a way around it (or even to find the actual cause).
Currently I believe the memory error is not the cause, but rather a result of the other error.
Does this in any way sound familiar to you?
Thank you for your reply,
No answers yet? I just started getting this same error on a refresh of existing data (my data source is an Excel file "data dump").
My error was being triggered becasue I had an error in importing data on Friday where one of my columns (a formula) started to result in an #NA. BI triggered this as an import error and needed a "real" result in the fields (either a number or blank). When this happened on Friday, I simply corrected the error to replace the error fields with blank in BI. So, when I tried to refresh today, BI now saw this as an edited table and didn't know what to do with it. I first edited the field errors in BI, then went back into my Excel doc and fixed my fields to report blank if result = #NA. I refreshed just this table and it fixed the issue for me.
Apparently editing tables on the BI side can trigger this error when importing from Excel. The documentation I had found seemed to think it was unfixable without re-importing the data. But I didn't need to re-import. Here is the link to the other documentation I had found: http://exceleratorbi.com.au/solved-power-query-issues-with-power-pivot-exception-from-hresult-0x8002...
I hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.
I also got this error, but the cause for me was that I applied a filter to the date _before_ I applied a filter to remove the column headers from the data. This caused PB to issue the ODBC fault during the load when it tried to cast a non-date typed value "Date" for the filtering op .
Takeaway lesson was that order of operations matters. This makes sense of course, but the error code was not very helpful in tracking down the issue.
I'd be inclined to guess it's a casting error - some piece of data can't be coersced into whatever type the transformation/filter/whatever in PBI is expecting.
You might want to consider bringing the data into Excel and using column formatting to try to push things into the expected data type. Visually scanning the formatted Excel columns might show you where the bad data sits.
The data is already in Excel. I am using excel as the data source. Literally nothing has changed that I can see between last night, when it worked perfectly, and today, when suddenly I have the OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E error. Unfortunately the dashboard is extremely complex. Rebuilding my data connections will take forever.
I was able to find the specific table that contained the error by refreshing each table line by line through my data sources. For some reason this error message was applying to all data sources and I couldn't find the error using the refresh button on the tool bar. It works now. Thanks for looking into this.
I just had this error moments ago and I'm researching and checking my work as well... I didn't think I did something wrong but here I am.... validating...