cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AnneN Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lab 1 Question 2 Changing data to date error

I tried to change data to date before filtering but it came back with many rows of errors. What am I supposed to do? I tried to remove errors as one of the member suggested but I did not reach the correct results of the number of the rows. Very confused! Please help!!!

Lab1 Q2 error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
samyrmoises Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 1 Question 2 Changing data to date error

Hi @AnneN and @renies

It happens just because the original date is in the format MM/DD/YYYY, and probably in yout locale the pattern should looks lije DD/MM/YYYY.

0.pngTHis is the error you have got.1.pngSo, instead of converting like you've done, convert using "AS LOCALE"2.pngSelect any language pattern that works with date like MM/DD/YYYY like I have done here3.pngand Voilà!!!!Hope that I helped here!!!

Take Care!

Samyr Abrahão Moises

3 REPLIES 3
renies Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am glad that I am not the only person with this issue. Started this course and now stuck with this question and can't get any further. Hope there is someone who could help us

samyrmoises Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @AnneN and @renies

It happens just because the original date is in the format MM/DD/YYYY, and probably in yout locale the pattern should looks lije DD/MM/YYYY.

0.pngTHis is the error you have got.1.pngSo, instead of converting like you've done, convert using "AS LOCALE"2.pngSelect any language pattern that works with date like MM/DD/YYYY like I have done here3.pngand Voilà!!!!Hope that I helped here!!!

Take Care!

Samyr Abrahão Moises

AnneN Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

many thanks @samyrmoises