cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etp10
Regular Visitor

Lab 1 - Exercise 2 - Active Item Should be a Query

Hello everyone,

I am encountering an issue in Exercise 2 of Lab 1 in the following section of the lab exercise:-

6. On the Content header, click Combine Files

7. Click OK

The moment I click OK in the dialog box, I'm seeing the following error in the photo below:-

01.jpg

I am following the lab step-by-step. I even tried putting the location of the lab files in 'Documents' like one user had mentioned which apparently solved the issue for them but I had my doubts as to whether it would work and unfortunately, it didn't.

I would really appreciate any help someone can provide for this problem. I have the latest version of Power BI Desktop installed.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
NiklasNikzes
Regular Visitor

Re: Lab 1 - Exercise 2 - Active Item Should be a Query

Hi!
I have the same problem and have reported it!

I did not change the name of the query since I had problem with that in Excecise 1

/Niklas

JKoss

After you get the error,  "close & apply" then reopen the query editor.  After I did this I noticed the files had combined within "International Sales" and I was able to complete the lab.  Based on this thread, it looks like it's a bug from the February update and will be fixed this month.  

chataur

Thank you for sharing this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.