Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
isbilirberk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

LAB1 - Q1

Hi,

I'm answering the LAB 1 Q1 but I get wrong answer for Dates and Sales row count. What I see is Date: 6209 and Sales: 10.439.386. Are these values are really wrong or is there something else? Can you confirm ?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
hhiguera Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: LAB1 - Q1

It would appear that you didn't apply the filter so that only dates after Dec 31st, 1999 are included. Can you check if in your data there are rows with dates before year 2000? If so, the filters were not applied correctly

sunny705 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I filtered my data and made sure that dates before 1/1/2000 are not included, but I am still getting the wrong answer at 600,189 rows. 

SamLester Established Member
Established Member

What steps are you taking to get this value? I just imported the Access database, selected bi_date and bi_salesFact, then clicked on Edit (not load). Then apply the filter as in the screenshots.

Filter1.PNG

FilterRows.PNG

After this, click Close & Apply and the data will load. Then click on the Data tab and look at the row count in the bottom left to get the totals.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Bennett75 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have got all the other answers correct except the last question in the first exercise - 'how many rows were imported from the sales table? I got 80,129 even after carefully retracing every step again of the sales query? Help please!
Bennett75 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm also stuck on the last question please help! I have all the other answers correct except the last one --"how many rows were imported from the sales table?", I consistently get 80129 rows for sales table which is wrong? I have gone back and retraced the steps over and over but still get the same number of rows.
Shalini_Ballan New Member

Hi, i have filtered date after 12/31/1999 in bi_salesFact. However, i do not see any data row after that. The table seems empty. Is it something wrong with the source file? I tried filtering in Date query -  filtered date after 12/31/1999 there is data.

RaghuKumar_BI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes.  I'm also facing the same issue. I'm trying to filter date after 31/12/1999 from "bi_salesFact" query and it saying 'This table is empty'.  Please let me know if any one has solution for this.

RaghuKumar_BI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm also facing the same issue.  I'm trying to filter date after 31/12/1999 from "bi_salesFact" query but it saying 'This table is empty'.  Please let me know if any one has resolution for this.

xofer Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

'This table is empty'.  happened to me.

Solved it by hitting 'Refresh Preview" on the Home Ribbon.