cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibukerules Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

LAB 5 Exercise 2 NEEDS ELEVATION TO EDX

I have been following suggestions for correcting for the problems with Excel - PowerView - and Power Bi Desktop and PowerBi.com . 

Truly, this exercise needs to be reworked or taken off of the course all together.  Silverlight is not the answer, as is neither of about 15 solutions that I have seen on the forum and elsewhere.  

Please, someone fix this.....    This is just wrong to do in a course on EDX. 

3 REPLIES 3
claram47 New Member

Re: LAB 5 Exercise 2 NEEDS ELEVATION TO EDX

Yep. 2019 and this issue is still not addressed. 

Mr_U Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: LAB 5 Exercise 2 NEEDS ELEVATION TO EDX, OR its a TEST

Well I have come to conclude that this is the real world and you will run into just the problems we run into doing this course.  Things don't work quite as expected, because things change!  This is too real!  If you just grind through it and figure it out, you will be the better and will have learned more.   So, just smile and forge ahead - its always something.

Hey, there are still people out there using Internet Explorer I am sure and old apps and old databases and bad methods.

Highlighted
Cazzer Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: LAB 5 Exercise 2 NEEDS ELEVATION TO EDX, OR its a TEST

That might be true but some of us have paid for a course that we are doing on works machines and employers are very loath to add in software that is no longer supported by Microsoft.  If I wasnt doing this on my work laptop then maybe it would be easy to do as you suggest but on a work machine it is a nightmare.  I have already had to beg and plead to have silverlight installed as it is no longer supported and then I had to do the same again for the extension plug in that I needed to get the silverlight to run, and now I find that I still can't get all of the workbook to load. As I said - A nightmare.