cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tracyndye Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Error message Lab 1 part 2

Someone else had a similar error but their solution- removing errors- is not available to me.  

My error comes when trying to apply query changes.  Sales: OLE DB or EDBC error: Exception from HRESULT:0x80040E4E

Does anyone know what to do? This is after trying to append the sales and international sales data. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
vitorcmonteiro Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error message Lab 1 part 2

I have the same issue. I've been trying for 3 hours straight without success. I was able to avoid this error by erasing the date filter tho, but this is needed to get the correct answer and I don't see a good reason for it to be the actual fix.

Anyone figured it out?

SimonC Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error message Lab 1 part 2

Hello to all.... I too have this problem and can import the International files but when I come to filter I can't change the type to Date without it showing errors and then a single date every 10 or so row entries in the Date Column. I would hope MS might fix this as (a). we'll all get incorrect results in the tests and (b). we might well need the completed imported data for other Labs?

Help would be good on this one. Smiley Sad

SimonC Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error message Lab 1 part 2 - SOLVED

Ok...i fixed this one... and the answer was staring me in the face. The reason was because I had a conflict in the language which my PowerBI was set up in. No wonder only some (ambiguous) dates such as 06/06/2016 were not giving errors. Simply changed the date to US in PowerBI and it imported correctly and let me chnage the column to date.