Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Encryption Error while trying to load data from SAP HANA model

Hi,

When connecting PowerBI to SAP HANA and load the tables, I get the following error. I would be grateful if someone could help me with this.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
Connection encryption for 'SapHana' isn't supported in DirectQuery mode. Turn off encryption for this data source or switch to import mode.

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: Encryption Error while trying to load data from SAP HANA model

Hi, the error message provides you with the two options you have in this case.

1. Turn off encryption for the data source.

To do this, click on the File -> Options and Settings -> Data Source Settings in the toolbar. Select your data source and edit the properties. You'll see the encryption checkbox. You can unselect this to be able to use this data source.

EncryptConnection.png

2. Switch to import mode. This will import the data into the .pbix file as opposed to using the live connection that you've established.

Good luck,

Sam Lester (MSFT)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

Re: Encryption Error while trying to load data from SAP HANA model

Hi, the error message provides you with the two options you have in this case.

1. Turn off encryption for the data source.

To do this, click on the File -> Options and Settings -> Data Source Settings in the toolbar. Select your data source and edit the properties. You'll see the encryption checkbox. You can unselect this to be able to use this data source.

EncryptConnection.png

2. Switch to import mode. This will import the data into the .pbix file as opposed to using the live connection that you've established.

Good luck,

Sam Lester (MSFT)