cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DAT207x - Lab 3 - Quiz 2 - Q1 - Working with Multiple Visualizations - Correct Answer Has Issues

I am taking the January, 2017 version of this course, in case it has changed.

As far as I can tell, in Lab 3, the first question in the second quiz ("Working with Multiple Visualizations") is not clear.

Here the issues I am having:

1. The UI in my version of Power BI desktop is different than in the videos. The View tab doesn't have the same controls.

2. The answer mentions "Page Size", but "Page View" is the closest choice. They're not the same thing.

3. Page View is just a zoom factor, as far as I can tell. It is not clear that this really affects the layout of the final product. It is more of a fit-to-window feature. How does Page View CHANGE the layout?

4. My answers are definitely correct. changing the fields and formatting for any of the controls DEFINITELY changes the layout of the report! (OK, I was thinking of dragging the fields - technically clicking on any field won't change the layout) 

5. There is a typeo, where "canvas" is spelled "canvase"

At any rate, I'm no dummy (hopefully), but I couldn't decipher what the question was getting at, nor could I get the correct answers.

Lab 3 Quiz 2 Question 1 Errors.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: DAT207x - Lab 3 - Quiz 2 - Q1 - Working with Multiple Visualizations - Correct Answer Has Issues

I think the Answers B and C are correct.

For the

Q1: I think this is a video recorded a long time ago, so the Power BI has more new versions.

Q2, 3: In the Page View option, you can set the page size to view.  (The option in the 'Home-> Page View')

Q4: I think the Field option is set the data to dispaly not to set the layout.

Q5: Yes, I agree. This is a typo. Cat Embarassed

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: DAT207x - Lab 3 - Quiz 2 - Q1 - Working with Multiple Visualizations - Correct Answer Has Issues

For the

Q1: This is a video recorded a long time ago, so, the Power BI has more new version.

Q2,3:  In this, the "Page View' is a option name, and this option provide to set fit size to view.

Q4: For the Field option, I think it will help user show the data that want to show.

Q5: I also think this is a typo. Cat Tongue

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Fo the

Q1: This is a video recorded a long time ago. And the Power BI has more new versions.

Q2, 3: I think the 'Page View' is a option name in this. And the option provide the function to set the fit size to view.

Q4: I think the Field option is  user set the data that want to show, not set the layout.

Q5: I agree. It's a typo. Cat Embarassed

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

For the

Q1: This is a video recorded a long time ago. And the Power BI has more new versions.

Q2, 3: I think the 'Page View' is a option name in this. And the option provide the function to set the fit size to view.

Q4: I think the Field option is user set the data that want to show, not set the layout.

Q5: I agree. It's a typo. Cat Embarassed

Highlighted

My point is that the question is very unclear, the wording is bad. I "wasted" half-an-hour trying to figure out what they were trying to say, but breezed through all the other "harder" questions.

The question should be changed or removed from the quiz.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.