cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wsnyder Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

DAT207X Lab5 Working with Excel - Connecting and Collaborating with Excel

One of the lab questions is.

What happens when you connect to an Excel Workbook that is hosted at OneDrive for Business in PowerBi?

The use of the word *connect* in this question is confusing, given the language of the video just prior... He uses the word generically - let's *connect* to an excel workbook in onedrive... Once you do the get data you are presented with 2 options - Upload and Connect ... Does the question refer to the second use of connect or the first?...

The correct answer "the Excel report will...." - here I was unsure if this was a reference to "an Excel report" in the original Excel workbook, or if it refers to the thing which might be created in PowerBi...

Also, I am unsure if he specifically answered the question in the video in either case - or perhaps I am just not hearing correctly.

In any case - I might suggest you re-consider the wording of the question ,and ensure he specifically answers this question for future use..

thanks - great course - am loving it all.

4 REPLIES 4
DataScrubber Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: DAT207X Lab5 Working with Excel - Connecting and Collaborating with Excel

I'd agree, this one confused me as well.

Franz_Valverde Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

That's right!
By the way, I have used the two possible options (load and connect the Excel file) to Power BI Service, and none generated a "Report", it may be because the excel file only had a data table, the question does not specify that Excel had a report. That is, the answer provided is not always true.

JWilcox Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

For those scanning the comments for the answer, it is "The excel report will be created in Power BI".

I agree with the other comments, this was confusing and the wording may need to be altered.

maxdomico Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

This also confused me to select the wrong answer. Connect or Upload is definitely different.Smiley Frustrated