cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talal_Albahra Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

7. Direct Connectivity > Lab 7 > Exercise 2: Direct Connectivity From Power BI Service

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the steps in Exercise 2 in Lab 7, but I'm unable to connect to a "Azure SQL Database" as it will only give me a link to download the desktop Problem in connecting to Azure SQL Database Can you please help me with that.

Regards,

Talal Albahra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SamLester Established Member
Established Member

Re: 7. Direct Connectivity > Lab 7 > Exercise 2: Direct Connectivity From Power BI Service

As a workaround for this, you can open Power BI Desktop and connect to the Access DB that is contained as part of the lab files and used in previous labs (PowerBI.accdb) to complete Lab 7 Exercise 2. The intent of the lab appears to show how to connect to SQL Azure DB using Direct Query through the Power BI service, but since this isn't working, the videos/labs are out of date and you can use the other method to get through the lab questions.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT) 

2 REPLIES 2
bpsearle Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: 7. Direct Connectivity > Lab 7 > Exercise 2: Direct Connectivity From Power BI Service

Same problem for me.

I assume that the PBI Service has been changed since the course material has been produced.

How do we deal with completing the course exercises and getting a high enough score to pass if we cannot do them?

Highlighted
SamLester Established Member
Established Member

As a workaround for this, you can open Power BI Desktop and connect to the Access DB that is contained as part of the lab files and used in previous labs (PowerBI.accdb) to complete Lab 7 Exercise 2. The intent of the lab appears to show how to connect to SQL Azure DB using Direct Query through the Power BI service, but since this isn't working, the videos/labs are out of date and you can use the other method to get through the lab questions.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)