05-12-2017 01:10 AM
I just read the Whitepaper and looked at the replay of the webinar. But I couldn't find an awnser to my question. Our organisation will have around 100 / 150 users that will look at the Power BI Reports in the (near) future. But if I understood it correctly, even the P1 Node will be overkill (Performance and Costs) for our current Power BI Service demands.
Will there be an smaller node availibe in the future? Because in our case it would be cheaper to buy a Pro licence for everyone then buying the Premium service.
With kind regards,
05-12-2017 01:27 AM
I doubt Microsoft will answer this question, but I am pretty sure it's obvious that small and mid sized companies have not been catered for.
I would not be surprised if such a package will be released. the real question is when.
05-12-2017 08:47 AM
I have asked the same question repeatedly in the FAQ forum but as that forum is moderated, my posts are still pending approval which I read to mean microsoft views my question as embarrassing and will not allow it to be published since the answer would not please many of us.
If that isn't the case and there is a slight chance that my question has been overlooked, perhaps @MiguelMartinez can jump in here and help.
Very frustrating situation for those of us with small companies.
05-12-2017 09:27 AM
I believe it's more the case that they do not have an answer. There's no point in promising something if a decision has yet to be made. However I understand your point, and it would be good if Microsoft at least says that it's being considered.
I, too, have questions that Miguel did not answer. However they were difficult questions. I noticed that he did answer it today in response to someone else but not me. My Microsoft contact surprisingly gave me the same answer today as well after he said he would check with the US.
05-22-2017 05:22 AM
My app has 10-15 users so for me this is totally restrictive. I hope there will be soon some clarity (hopefully positive) and in case if Microsoft decides to drop small/medium ISV's - then PLEASE, at least provide a decent time frame to move to other BI vendor