Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Dashboard Sharing - Power BI Pro/Premium

Hi All,

Can anyone kindly help me out with the best methods to share Dashboard as Power BI Free will not encourage

Dashboard sharing anymore??

Also, please brief the differences b/w Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium.

Thanks,

Sru.

Accepted Solutions
Super User

Re: Dashboard Sharing - Power BI Pro/Premium

If data security isn't a problem, look for the option "Publish to the Web".  You can find this by going into Power BI Web service, finding your report and moving into "Edit Report" mode.  The option appears under the File Menu.

Pro:  Per User license required to create and share content, as well as view shared content.

Premium:  You lease hardware from Microsoft, where you can host your Power BI reports.  Users can now see/use your reports hosted on Premium.  From the end-user perspective it is seamless.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

If data security isn't a problem, look for the option "Publish to the Web".  You can find this by going into Power BI Web service, finding your report and moving into "Edit Report" mode.  The option appears under the File Menu.

Pro:  Per User license required to create and share content, as well as view shared content.

Premium:  You lease hardware from Microsoft, where you can host your Power BI reports.  Users can now see/use your reports hosted on Premium.  From the end-user perspective it is seamless.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the solution! Smiley Happy

"Publish to Web" option was running in my mind but want to reconfirm that there are no limitations imposed on that feaure by Microsoft.

Frequent Visitor

Publish to the Web is not an option when the data is coming from cubes on the cloud.  How can I share my dashboards/reports with others in my organization?

Highlighted

Need not be mandatory that the data should come from cubes on the colud only. The only Enterprise way of sharing reports is to publish to web service. Can you explain your scenario little bit more...