Established Member

Re: Changes to Power BI Free are coming on June 1, 2017

[ Edited ]

Okay must not be exactly 12 midnight, I tried to login today at June 1, 2017 at 1:55 AM Eastern(US East Coast), but there is not notification yet. There was no exact time mentioned though so I think we got all day to find out. But I noticed that the Home Page of www.powerbi.com has changed... Hmmmm...

Edit: I was pretty sure the home page was different but I went back to take another glimpse, it's back to how it was before... I should have taken a screenshot.

FYI I have just logged in with an old free account and activated the 1 year extended pro trial.

Matt

Regular Visitor

Nothing happen even I try to log in with 6 accounts.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

@Matt_Alexander what is your timezone? I'm under +8 timezone, as of this writing that's June 1, 6:20 AM Eastern Time USA.

I just checked mine 3 hours after your post but nothing has changed. I still have access to the dashboards shared to me and I also don't have any new notifications yet especially coming from PowerBI.

• Will I lose access to my content (dashboards, reports) at that time?

No. You will not lose access to any content you’ve uploaded to the Power BI service. Content you’ve shared with others may no longer be accessible by recipients on June 1. Likewise, at that time you may no longer have access to content others have shared with you. Existing users of the free service who have been active within the past year can take advantage of the free 12-month extended trial of Power BI Pro. The offer will deliver the full capabilities of Power BI Pro to ensure you have the appropriate time to adjust how you use the service.

[ Edited ]

@ovetteabejuela I'm in Madrid on CEST, which if I'm not mistaken is currently UTC+2.

It's now 13.28!

PBI Pro Trial.PNG

Matt

mim Member

i got the offer, i am UTC +9.30

Regular Visitor

Still no changes here , GMT-3, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Trigger might not be time zone - related....

Signed-Out, Clear Cache, Close Browser, Signed In... Still no offer, and I can still access others dashboards...

June first.PNG

Hi guys,

Any updates about this? I didn't recieve the notification and I am starting to get a little nervous. 

Regular Visitor

It appears that some of the accounts do and some of them don't offer the trial. I'm not sure what the reason behind this is. 

I am sure that some of my co-workers did login in the past year, did not use the 2 months trial, but they do not get the offer.

I seems that the people with dark hair, who drive an European car and are older than 40 get the offer. Creepy, this big data selection process :-)

I would advice: wait another day and see what happens. Maybe Microsoft is having some issues with the whole process.

Let's face it: the whole Free/Pro/Premium change was communicated badly, maybe MS is confused itself now.

Keep the hope up!

Rudi