Established Member

Re: Changes to Power BI Free are coming on June 1, 2017

@ovetteabejuela thanks for your answer, really helpful.

@Matt_Alexander if you look at the links that @ovetteabejuela posted you will see a link to an article about Power BI Apps. At the bottom under roadmap is the following note:

Capture.PNG

So it is on the radar, how it will work in theory is a different story as I'm not familiar with AAD B2B.

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

I work for a global corporation as a project manager in data analytics.  I have spent the past year championing PowerBI over Tableau.  I have flown city to city, doing presentations to senior executives - wowing them with data visualisation.

This Pro bombshell has destroyed my work.  

$10 per month per user to view a shared dashboard (PBI)

vs

$42 per month with limitless sharing (Tableau)

I think its insane the way Microsoft have gone about this.  

Goodbye PBI

Frequent Visitor

@DataGuy2016, yes, you are right. Except Microsoft don't agree. They have made no comment in these blogs, they made no comment at their recent Data/Analytics Conference (except to congratulate themselves on having a vibrant community), they have not shown a single grain of interest in the damage their changes have caused. They (really) just don't care.

I guess we'll see in a year or so who is right. Microsoft, or the community. All I can say to you is you're not alone and to suggest you walk away quickly. Never trust them again.

mim Member

"$42 per month with limitless sharing (Tableau)" can you explain please, i don't think it is a true statement 

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

You are correct.

Just got off the phone with the Tableau Sales Manager.  Super friendly and helpful.   But ultimately it is the same story there.....

You need to have a licence for interactive analytics in Tableau.  It can do "static drops" but that loses all the value.  Might as well be excel or a PDF.

I am depressed.

We are meeting partners next week to discuss pricing but I have a sneaky suspicion that PowerBI is cheaper at $10.

I will keep you all informed.

mim Member

@DataGuy2016 the only vendor that offer unlimited sharing is Qlik using their Qlik Cloud offer, there are limitation though basically you share a folder with apps, you can't customize the sharing per APP,  see details here http://www.qlik.com/us/products/qlik-sense/qlik-sense-cloud

you have always Google data Studio, still in Beta, and quite basic actually, but it is totaly free 

Entreprise reporting is still an expensive area, no vendor yet has really disrupted the market. 

Highlighted

Just tell me this are powerbi pro free trial user have capability to add Powerbi embeded capacity to the app workspace??