Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cstorbakken
Regular Visitor

web version of direct query acts as if it is the day it was imported

I have made my first direct query report, because of the need to have more refreshes.  It works properly on the desktop.  It also works properly on the web, until the next day, when my visuals, that are time filtered, act is if it is the date it was published.  All data refreshes properly, but goes on the wrong visuals.  The desktop version continues to work properly.  I have added a card with "now" set up as date and time.  The data will refresh, but the card always stays as the date and time it was published.  This also works properly in the desktop version.

All my other reports have been import and I have not had this problem.  Can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is anything that can be done to fix it?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply.

I had actually set up the auto page refresh and it was working properly.  It would refresh without touching it.  It also refreshed when switching pages, changing filters or with the manual refresh.

The problem was that I had a visual for "TODAY" and a visual for "FUTURE".  The first day of import everything worked perfectly. The next day all new data would show up but it would put todays data on the "FUTURE" visual.  

I have fixed the issue by also setting up an auto data refresh for 1:00 AM.  I did not think that I needed to or even could do this with Direct Query, but it worked and everything looks good this morning.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Direct Query does not refresh automatically. It only reacts to user interaction. So when a user changes a filter on your web version, or switches pages, that's when the queries get fired off.  If you leave the page open without touching it nothing will happen.  (if you need that to change then use auto page refresh, or dashboards)

Thanks for your reply.

I had actually set up the auto page refresh and it was working properly.  It would refresh without touching it.  It also refreshed when switching pages, changing filters or with the manual refresh.

The problem was that I had a visual for "TODAY" and a visual for "FUTURE".  The first day of import everything worked perfectly. The next day all new data would show up but it would put todays data on the "FUTURE" visual.  

I have fixed the issue by also setting up an auto data refresh for 1:00 AM.  I did not think that I needed to or even could do this with Direct Query, but it worked and everything looks good this morning.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.