Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smanole
Regular Visitor

unable to display visuals after publishing the report using Direct Query

Hi there,

I am conecting Oracle DB to get data in PBI using Direct Query.

in the Desktop I am able to see all the visuals proerly. but after publising the report, the visuals are like

smanole_1-1627284875609.png

and at top of page I could see the error message

smanole_0-1627284814819.png

Can someone help me understand what went wrong

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @smanole ,

In fact, the gateway does not work when you direct use power bi service to get data from private cloud Datasource.

If it is a cloud data source exactly as you said, please check whether the credentials are set correctly.To verify Credentials, click on “Edit credentials” and fill in what they should be. With Oracle you have to use a Basic Authentication Method. Then after that just fill in the Database’s Username and Password and Sign in.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Private Cloud is the same as on premise as far as the gateway is concerned. Even AWS needs a gateway, for example.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Have you configured the gateway correctly?

power-bi-on-premise-gateway-configuration-steps-to-an-oracle-database 

Hi CST

it is not on premise Oracle. its on cloud. I do think its a gateway issue. It will be great help if get the configuration steps for Cloud DB 

Private Cloud is the same as on premise as far as the gateway is concerned. Even AWS needs a gateway, for example.

Hi @smanole ,

In fact, the gateway does not work when you direct use power bi service to get data from private cloud Datasource.

If it is a cloud data source exactly as you said, please check whether the credentials are set correctly.To verify Credentials, click on “Edit credentials” and fill in what they should be. With Oracle you have to use a Basic Authentication Method. Then after that just fill in the Database’s Username and Password and Sign in.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Assuming this is an on-premise Oracle db - have you added the Oracle connection to your gateway and have you pointed your dataset to the gateway connection?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.